Wrist & Ankle Pain Treatment in Lawrenceville
Treatments and Therapies for Joint Pain
Wrist and ankle pain are common problems that many people will face at some point in their lives. The more you use these joints, the more likely you are to experience an injury. At Royal Blue Medical Center, we are committed to helping patients achieve long-term relief from their pain without surgical intervention. We utilize cutting-edge osteoarthritis treatments that stimulate the body’s own healing mechanisms.
If you are experiencing pain in the hand or wrists, contact us today to schedule an appointment with a skilled pain treatment specialist.
Hand & Wrist Injuries
Wrist pain is a common problem for office workers and other people who make repetitive motions with the wrist on a daily basis. One of the most common causes of wrist pain is carpal tunnel syndrome, a condition that squeezes the major nerves in the hand.
Some wrist conditions that can be treated with our treatments and therapies include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Ligament strains
- Tendon injuries
- Trigger finger
If you have hand or wrist pain that lasts for longer than a week, then you need to speak to a doctor. Royal Blue Medical Center helps you take advantage of your own healing mechanisms to regenerate damaged muscle and tissue, which can reduce inflammation and swelling in the wrist and result in long-term relief.
Other common causes of ankle pain include:
- Problems with the Achilles tendons
- Plantar fasciitis
- Other types of arthritis
Like with wrist injuries, our treatments and therapies can help the body repair itself. Our experienced pain specialists can examine your condition and help you decide if any of our healthcare options are right for you.
Home Remedies for Wrist / Ankle Pain
Severe or persistent wrist or ankle pain should always be treated by a licensed physician. With that being said, if you are experiencing mild pain or soreness, there are several things you can do at home to help alleviate your symptoms and aid healing.
- Rest your wrist or ankle and refrain from exercising when it is inflamed. Keep it raised either with a sling or propped up with a pillow to help minimize swelling.
- Apply ice to the tender, swollen area in 15-20 minute increments. This will help reduce swelling as well as provide a slight numbing effect.
- Over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen (Advil) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) can help provide mild pain relief. Always follow the advice of your doctor or pharmacist to ensure these pain relievers do not interfere with any other medications you may be taking.
- Once you have rested, if you can do so without pain, lightly exercise your wrist or ankle to maintain flexibility and combat stiffness. Refrain from performing any motions that cause you pain.
Get Help for Joint Pain at Royal Blue Medical Center
At Royal Blue Medical Center, we are passionate about helping people achieve relief from debilitating joint pain. Whether you have developed wrist / ankle pain due to arthritis or a sports injury, our pain specialists use evidence-based, non-invasive treatments to help you restore your mobility and relieve your symptoms. Get in touch with our knowledgeable staff today to discuss your treatment options.
Call (770) 766-4609 to schedule your appointment at Royal Blue Medical Center today.